Many people unknowingly suffer from hormone imbalance. Imbalanced hormones can cause a host of medical problems and should be dealt with as soon as possible. If you think you may suffer from hormonal imbalance, please call ☎ (616) 226-9637 or request more information online.
Types of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalance is a general term that can refer to upset levels of any variety of your body's natural regulatory substances.
Hormones that are commonly imbalanced include:
- Aldosterone, which regulates salt levels
- Cortisol, which regulates energy
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which regulates sexual function and can be converted by your body to other hormones
- Estrogen, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics
- Ghrelin, which regulates hunger
- Melatonin, which regulates sleep
- Progesterone, which regulates pregnancy and menstruation
- Testosterone, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics
- Thyroid, which regulates calorie burn
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
Some of the signs of hormone imbalance are:
- Aldosterone: high blood pressure
- Cortisol: weight gain, excessive stress, high blood pressure
- DHEA: adrenal fatigue, joint pain, frequent sickness, loss of muscle mass
- Estrogen: weight gain, breast cancer, hot flashes, joint pain, migraines
- Ghrelin: excessive hunger, overeating
- Melatonin: lack of sleep, insomnia, depression
- Progesterone: low sex drive, mood swings, cramps, acne, urinary tract infections
- Testosterone: low sex drive, male pattern baldness, irregular menses
- Thyroid: hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anxiety, irregular heartbeat
Since many people typically experience an imbalance of more than one hormone, you may experience any number of these symptoms as a result of imbalance.
Hormone Imbalance Treatment
Hormone imbalance is a complex medical issue. As such, a variety of options are available to treat or help. To find the best hormonal imbalance treatment for you, please call ☎ (616) 226-9637 or request more information online.
Treatments for imbalanced hormones can include:
- Changes in lifestyle, such as increased exercise, healthier diet, better sleep, and reduced stress
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT), including bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), hormone pills, pellets, and combination therapy
- Vitamins & supplements, such as vitamin D, calcium, dandelion, melatonin, zinc, and black cohosh
Hormonal imbalance can cause debilitating and even life-threatening problems. Take control of your hormones. Please call ☎ (616) 226-9637 or request more information online.